"As the people pass Galway"


As the people pass (Galway)

One May afternoon 5
I took a stroll through Galway 7
Was Feeling so lonely 6
So I sit for a while 6
I saw people passing 6
And noone seems to care; 6
I wondered who would pause for a while 9
Who would sit down right here? 6


First of all this old 5
beggar lady passed my way 7
She looked at me and smiled 6
She decided to stay 6
All her clothes were in rags 6
Her voice was low and sweet 6
She told me about Jesus and said 9
Some coins is all she´d need

Chorus:
And as I sat there I wasn’t lonely, anymore,
Because I could see some poorer souls,
As the people pass I wasn´t lonely anymore
With the poorer souls.

Verse 2
There was a young boy, 5
And he sat down next to me, 7
Took hold of my guitar, 6
Start to play so gentely 6
I watch the young boy play 6
And Tears came through my eyes; 6
I remembered when I was that young, 9
Memories came in my mind 6

Around the corner,
a busking girl starts to play,
She had currled red, long hair,
so I decided to stay,
To listen to her voice
It was so beautiful,
Soon so many others people stop
to listen to her too.

Chorus


Later a young girl
She asked me for a song
Said she came from Dublin
And wanted to go home,
And would I cheer her up
Then she gave me a smile,
Again I started to play for her
and she listened awhile,

Bridge
But after a while of sitting there
I decided to move on,
Remebered all the storeis
And I played my last song

Verse
I saw this old man
Who dropped some coins to me
He´d seen me sitten there
And thought it´d help me
He heard me lonely sound
And asked me to strum once more

To play a last song here in Galway
On this may afternoon
Chorus:

And as I walked away I wasn’t lonely anymore.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

"The Ballad of Botany Bay"

"First American Band"

"Hide & Seek"