"Rock me Baby (Part II)/California"


Part II - "California"

Intro: Rock, Rock me Baby

Verse 1
I woke up next morning in Big Sur
The sun burned into my face
My Baby said there are guys on the road
They´re challenging us for a race

And after that we could head for Hollywood,
Where we could look for the ultimate star
It´s where all dreams come true and all you have to do
Is drive in a big fancy car

Refrain
She said “Baby this is
California
I need the sun and the wind in my hair
I wonna lie around with the Hollywood sound
And spend my time without any care

Verse 2
But I wanted to stay in Big Sur
My Baby said “I don´t know what ya mean”
I want to hike in the hills enjoy the idyllic scene
And find the Homestead of Alan Jardine

I´d love to make my way to Monterrey
Where the coast is convered with pines
Then at Sand City I´d love to make a turn
To follow old Road 69

Refrain
Because Baby this is
California
Where live is easy and the people are free
Visit Country Joe when he´s doin a show
Where he sings about liberty

Baby said, No this is
California,
where the Summer is endless and true
Let me lie down in the sand, on a beautiful strand
With a guy who knows what to do

Bridge
I know my mama use to say I should take it slow,

But you don´t rock me baby, so our love can not grow


Fine
So my baby waved to a surfer boy,
asked him if he could give her a ride
I stayed all alone far away from my home
Where I broke down and cried

And I could hear them singing:


Outro:/Rock me baby (reprise)

Rock me baby and my love will grow

(Come back, take me back)

Rock me baby and my love will grow

(Come back, please take me back, you broke my heart into)







Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

"The Ballad of Botany Bay"

"First American Band"

"Hide & Seek"